UKFast is looking for the future generation of tech titans and software superheroes!
UKFast are investing in ambitious young people who are eager to learn. Their award-winning apprenticeships provide state-of-the-art training and invaluable experiences to kick-start your lifelong IT career.
- Are you passionate about programming or obsessed with the latest tech?
- Would you love to be part of helping companies grow and succeed?
- Do you look up to people like Bill Gates or Sheryl Sandberg?
- Have you got a strong attention to detail and a can-do attitude?
If you answered a big ‘yes!’ to all of the above then it’s very likely that you are exactly who they are looking for.
UKFast is an award-winning, family- run business with extraordinary team benefits, an unbeatable work culture and incredible progression opportunities. Their apprentices work side-by-side with some of the most senior members of ‘Team UKFast’ and, as all elements of our Level 3 programmes are delivered on-site, participants are fully immersed in the business from day one.
Team UKFast duties
- Assisting with and maintaining customer solutions
- Diagnosing and advising on client issues
- Helping with server setup, configuration and support
- Complete different aspects of the apprenticeship scheme
- Work closely with UKFast technical teams
Skills they are on the lookout for
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for technology, software and the internet
- Experience using administrative features of Windows or Linux operating systems
- Interest in programming languages or web technologies
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including Maths, English and ICT
Your apprenticeship journey
2 -Year Academic Programme:
UKFast will provide you with a full 2 year training and development programme starting with a Level 3 or Level 4 Trailblazer IT Apprenticeship. This will focus on Microsoft, Linux, VMware, Cisco and Citrix server skills.
You will work and train with the latest technologies and techniques to deliver hosting solutions and manage servers.
As a partnership we will develop your own individual personal development plan (PDP) to help you in your learning journey and career. With a typical group of five or more starting at once, there is a great team experience, supporting teammates at the same level and above.
You will complete industry recognised vendor qualifications (Microsoft, Linux, CompTia, VMware, Cisco, Oracle and Citrix) alongside your IT Apprenticeship.
Year 3 and upon course completion:
UKFast prides itself on offering its employees continual professional development and career opportunities supported by world-class tools, facilities, training and technology. They have clearly defined career pathways and individual development plans to help you get there. Dependant on your performance and once you have achieved your Level 3 IT Apprenticeship, you will have a number of choices:
- Start on a vendor certification pathway
- Move on to a higher IT qualification
- Stay as an IT professional and become a specialist in your chosen area
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years’ service
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
They also offer these if you’re interested:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master – friends and family are also welcome
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
Working hours during apprenticeship
Monday to Friday covering shifts of 8-5, 9-6 or 11-8 dependant on business needs.
For more information, please email HR@UKFast.co.uk