The Tameside HACK is a two-day coding competition for 11-18 year-old HACKERS in Tameside.
Sponsor businesses set challenges for HACKERS to work on in teams of four, and donate the all-important prizes for the winners! Mentors from real tech businesses are available throughout the competition to lend a hand, and there’s a dedicated mentor for newbie coders so young people of all abilities can have fun and learn.
Everybody gets a free goody bag from our sponsors as well as free lunch on both days. There’ll be some laptops and Raspberry Pis to borrow so you don’t even need to bring your own device!
What is the HACK?
- Two-day CODING competition
- For teams of up to four TAMESIDE young people (11-18)
- Businesses set challenges, and donate PRIZES
- Sign up as a TEAM or by yourself (we’ll help you find your team on day one)
- Choose ANY challenge you want to work on (they’re all published on our website)
- And HACK a solution in two days
- MENTORS from the tech industry are on hand to help
- So NEWBIE CODERS can still take part
- Best solution for each challenge WINS a prize for the whole team
- With CAREERS opportunities for winners as well
- Everybody gets free LUNCH and GOODY BAGS
- HACKERS can develop DIGITAL SKILLS in a REAL WORLD tech industry project environment
Are there any entry requirements for the Tameside HACK 2018?
Yes, you need to be aged 11-18 and live in Tameside to take part in the Tameside HACK 2018.
What if I’ve never coded before?
There’s lots of mentors on hand to help, and challenges are judges by creativity, teamwork, originality and viability as well as coding skills. You can also join up with a team of experienced coders! We’ve got spot prizes as well for things like Most Improved HACKER so HACKERs in training are still in with a chance to win 🙂
Do I need to bring my own laptop?
Lots of our HACKERS will bring their own laptop, but you don’t have to. There’s spares at the HACK, as well as a few Raspberry Pis.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, we’ll have your info on record so just turn up!
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends?
No, we need full details of every young person attending the HACK in advance.