It’s the return of the HACK!
Tameside Council and Tameside College are bringing the Tameside HACK back in February half term, 2018.
The Tameside HACK is a two-day coding competition for 12-18 year-old hackers in Tameside.
Sponsor businesses set challenges for hackers to work on in teams of four, and donate the all-important prizes for the winners! Mentors from real tech businesses are available throughout the competition to lend a hand, and there’s a dedicated mentor for newbie coders so young people of all abilities can have fun and learn.
Everybody gets a free goody bag from our sponsors as well as free lunch on both days. There’ll be some laptops and Raspberry Pis to borrow so you don’t even need to bring your own laptop!
Spaces are very limited this year, so if you and your friends are interested you should SIGN UP NOW!
Follow us @TamesideHACK for the latest news and updates.
Visit www.tameside.gov.uk/TamesideHACK for more info.
Email HACK@tameside.gov.uk if you’ve got any questions.
What is the HACK?
- Two-day CODING competition
- For teams of up to four TAMESIDE young people (12-18)
- Businesses set challenges, and donate PRIZES
- Sign up as a TEAM or by yourself (we’ll help you find your team on day one)
- Choose ANY challenge you want to work on (they’re all published on our website)
- And HACK a solution in two days
- MENTORS from the tech industry are on hand to help
- And NEWBIE CODERS have their own dedicated mentor
- Best solution for each challenge WINS a prize for the whole team
- With CAREERS opportunities for winners as well
- Everybody gets free LUNCH and GOODY BAGS
- HACKERS can develop DIGITAL SKILLS in a REAL WORLDtech industry project environment
Are there any entry requirements for the Tameside HACK 2018?
Yes, you need to be aged 12-18 and live in Tameside to take part in the Tameside HACK 2018.
What if I’ve never coded before?
There’ll be a dedicated newbie mentor, activities, and spare kit available for HACKERS in training.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the HACK?
There’s ample parking at the ATC, which is also less than ten minutes walk from the bus, tram and train stations in Ashton-under-Lyne.
Do I need to bring my own laptop?
Lots of our HACKERS will bring their own laoptop, but you don’t have to. There’s spares at the HACK, as well as a few Raspberry Pis.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, we’ll have your info on record so just turn up!
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends?
No, we need full details of every young person attending the HACK in advance.