Come join us, learn to code.
Our world is shaped by computer code: Enthusiasts use Twitter to start revolutions. Lonely hearts find romance via dating apps. Electronic aeroplanes fly us to our holidays and election results are counted by apps.
Our imagination is the limit. Learn to code.
Laptops: Bring a laptop, or arrange to use ours. Download anaconda.com and test Spyder.
Virtual Classroom: You could attend in our classroom, or attend online via a virtual classroom, by selecting the appropriate ticket.
Who Should Attend?
Entry-level programmers who may have little knowledge of programming.
- Data Types, Variables: Working with variables and its scope; Type conversion and casting.
- Operators and Expressions: Introduction of operators; Arithmetic operators; Relational operators; Assignment operator; Logical operators; Increment and decrement operators; More in operators.
- Decision Making: If statement; If – else statement; If- elif – else statement; Nested if – else;
- Using Loops: The while, while-else; do-while and the for a loop; Enhanced for a loop; Jump statements: break, continue; Nesting loops.
- Data Structures: Lists. Tuples. Dictionary.
- Using Built-in functions. Date Functions, Random Functions, Number functions, String functions, Pattern Matching.
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) principles.
- Using Modules: Creating and using Functions.
- Creating a Module in class; Calling a Module; Returning a value from a Module; Adding a Method that takes parameters;
- Introduction to Classes and Objects: Creating a Class; Creating an Object; Using an Object; Adding Instance variables; Controlling accessibility; Naming conventions for class members. Inner Classes.
- Class Constructors; Parameterized Constructors;.
- Inheritance. Override. Overload.
- Exception Handling: Fundamentals of exception handling; Exception types; Using try and catch; Multiple catch clauses; Nested try statements; Throw and throws; Final and else blocks.
- Files, streams: Open, Traverse, Read and Create Files: Csv, txt and Json Files.
- Database: Connect to a database, create Database, drop a database, create a table, alter tables, drop a table, insert, delete, update records, query a database and display results.