Line Producing/Production Managing is challenging, exciting and a critical role for any production. Making the step up to PM or across the grades can be daunting for any PC, 1st AD or indeed moving to larger productions for PM’s, as you hone your already excellent organisational and logistical skills further and develop your managerial and leadership abilities. This modular course will furnish you with a thorough knowledge base of the critical skills necessary to become an excellent and effective PM. Using interactive seminars, practical exercises, workshops and industry examples, you will come away with a strong foundation with which to build your career further and excel as a PM.
Module 2 – Budgeting and Contracting
In this module, you will look at how you balance creativity with practicality, the key function of a good Production Manager. You will look at the drivers of budget on a production, and think about problem solving to maintain high production values within budget constraints. You will look at Movie Magic for Budgeting, and do some hands on exercises. Key elements of this module are:
- Determining requirements and identifying critical elements of the budget
- Shooting format
- Post Production
- Clearances (music, archive footage etc)
- Department Heads
- Discussing live budgets and how they are put together, and cost centres
- Guest Speaker – Production Accountant who will talk about forecasting, additional costs and daily incurrences
- Controlling and Tracking Costs
- Working with Cast and Contracting effectively
- Working with Children and Young People
- LEA and legal authorities
For directions to Space Studios Manchester.
This event is hosted by BECTU.