Kickstart your journey into coding with one of the most popular programming languages.
About This Class
Whether you have experience in programming or are looking to get started for the first time, getting involved in the Python community will put you on the fast track to honing your skills. In this class, you’ll learn all about Python – including how to get started, what advantages and disadvantages Python provides as a programming language, the essentials of programming in Python, and what tools are available to build applications in Python.
- Learn how to get set up and install Python and libraries.
- Find out how to write your first Python script.
- Figure out what tools to use for your next Python projects.
- This class requires a computer and strong internet connection.
- For students on Windows, you’ll need Microsoft Windows 8/10 (32- or 64-bit). For those with Macs, you’ll need the Mac OS X 10.8.5 or higher, up to 10.11.4 (El Capitan).
- The latest version of Python (current version 3.7).
To install Python, complete the following: – Head to Anaconda.com – Click the button to download the version for Python 3.7. – Once downloaded, run the installation prompts.
Optional: Install a text editor like Sublime Text 3. or Atom on your computer.