Ever wondered how much energy it takes to make your favourite brew?
Unleash your inner scientist and become immersed in storytelling, history and experiments at this event.
Brought to you by Manchester Science Partnerships (MSP), Electricycle Avenue will be powered by the people… powered by you! By creating a human powerstation, you’ll be pedalling to power up the bar, pump up the music, create spectacular light shows and go head to head with gold medal Olympic cyclists in energy awareness challenges. On top of this, there will roaming experimental scientists, science shows, quizzes, live music and more.
- From 11am – 3pm, Electricycle Avenue will be the perfect event for families and children, with live music, treasure hunts, art and crafts and more.
- There will be mad science shows at 11am and 12pm with plenty of bangs and whooshes, as well as the chance to challenge Olympic cyclist, Dani King, on the bikes at 11.30am in an energy awareness challenge.
- At 1pm, Dr. Emily Grossman will be hosting a fun quiz all about weird and wonderful science facts in what promises to be an exciting session.
- On the main stage we’ll have music from XmenBTeam 12pm – 1pm, Easy Feet 1pm- 2pm and the String Beans Party Band 2pm – 3pm.
Adult event (18+)
- From 5pm, as it starts to get darker you’ll be bringing the event to life by making it brighter. Use your pedal power to power up the bar and pump up the music, with street performer scientists, live music, DJs and more.
- From 5.30pm – 7pm you can challenge Paralympic cyclist, Dame Sarah Storey, on the bikes and help generate a spectacular light show underneath Mancunian Way for the grand finale!
- Dr Emily Grossman will be holding her weird and wonderful science facts quiz for adults at 7pm and we’ll have music on the main stage from FLEX 5pm – 6pm, Buffalo Brothers 6pm – 7pm, Jenna & the Gs 7pm – 8pm, Gillian Edgar Band 8pm – 9pm and headlining the show will be Kog & the Kongo Brigade at 9pm!
This is an event you won’t want to miss! Come and help us explore the science and future of electricity, energy and pedal power!