Educational Experiences for Schools, Students, Business and Community Groups.
Manchester is Europe’s second largest Creative Digital hub including everything from Film and Television, to Gaming and App Development – creating an estimated 70,000 employment opportunities in Digital, Creative & New Media.
SharpFutures deliver a variety of innovative Creative Digital packages at The Sharp Project and Space Studios Manchester, to help young people to get an insight into the variety of careers available in this growth sector, and discover the opportunities of working in the Creative Digital sector.
SharpFutures offer young people, schools and parents the opportunity to:
- Get an insight into the kinds of Creative Digital opportunities
- Take part in hands-on activity
- Learn about Creative Digital careers
Sharpfutures Discover Packages – At a glance
- Tour & Overview: The Sharp Project or Space Studios Manchester Tour and Creative Digital Overview. For up to 35 young people & 2-3 staff members. This takes 1.5 hours. Price: £150+VAT.
- 1/2 day in your subject: ICT, Computer Science or Creative Digital Media. For up to 30 young people & 2 staff members. This takes half a day. Price: £450+VAT.
- Full Experience Day: Creative Digital Experience Day at The Sharp Project + set a real life brief for afterwards. For up to 30 young people & 2 staff members. Lunch is provided and this day can be shared between schools. Price: £1350+VAT.
Don’t forget, you can share any of these experiences with another local school.
Manchester-based Schools are entitled to one free Tour and Creative Digital Overview per academic year.
Contact SharpFutures for more details at: email@example.com
SharpFutures have access to a range of pioneering creative digital businesses based at The Sharp Project and Space Studios Manchester. On your Creative Digital experience day, you will get to experience the world of work in this ever-growing sector. As well as a tour around The Sharp Project or Space Studios Manchester plus a Creative Digital careers overview, you can also add on some bespoke, hands on workshops ran by professional businesses in the Creative Digital sector. These workshops are:
- Logo and branding design – Students given a real life brief and get to make their own logo
- Green screen journalism – Present your own news report as a director and presenter
- Freelance photography – Learn the importance of lighting how to take the perfect shot
- Coding activities – Using Rasperry Pi’s, have a go at Scratch, Python and Sonic Pi
- Digital & Virtual reality – Real life CSI in Manchester with expert witnesses
- Gaming and VR – Discover cutting edge new gaming technology
For more information, please click here.
SharpFutures is a social enterprise that supports young people into employment in the creative digital sector. By offering a range of interventions including Apprenticeships, Work Experience and Volunteering, SharpFutures nurture the transition into work, whilst responding to the fluctuating needs of creative digital businesses.
SharpFutures Discover offers a variety of packages from young school experience days to large-scale events. With access to a range of pioneering creative digital businesses based at The Sharp Project, along with a first class network of industry experts across the UK, SharpFutures Discover offers tasters and career insights into this growth sector. The aim of SharpFutures Discover is to broaden horizons and unlock potential for the creative digital workforce of tomorrow.