It gives students and their families an opportunity to see how studying technology can help develop a passion it, improve creativity, problem solving and analytical skills for the workplace and home.
CyberFirst Trailblazers, Year 8 (09:00am – 12:20pm)
- Go Create – Learn the basics of how to customize a website and generate enthusiasm to contribute to the World Wide Web.
- Digital Detective – Use digital forensics to identify the first person who has contracted a disease and learn how open source intelligence can lead to finding out more information about this person.
- Creative Computing – Look into how creative design, arts and technology work together. Take a closer view on how the media industry and advertising combine these elements while having the chance in teams to create your own advert sequence using stop motion.
CyberFirst Adventurers, Year 9 (1:15pm- 5:00pm)
- The Data Games – Understand and use big data to create the perfect team using a set of sports results, compare with others and learn the interpretation of data.
- Crack the Code – Against the clock you will work within teams to unlock various devices, during this you will get a taste of cryptography, language analysis and understand some cyber security terms. But don’t be distracted as the timer won’t stop until you Crack the Code.
- Engineering – 3D printers have started to revolutionize the engineering industry, have a look into how technology and engineering fit together and move into the future in partnership. Have the chance to create your very own model using 3D design software.