Forever ducking and diving between jobs? Are you craving more structure to your work but feel like you never have the time to plan properly?
This full-day workshop will focus on the fundamentals of project management and provide practical skills to help creatives with the constant juggling act that is freelancing.
Tony Baldwinson (BSc Hons, MPhil, AMBCS) is a Project Manager for Creative England’s Games and Digital team. As the former Head of Knowledge, Design and Innovation at the North West Regional Development Agency, and with many years of personal freelancing experience, he’s perfectly placed to guide you through the complexities of working for yourself in the creative sector.
By the end of the day you will have gained a thorough grounding in:
- managing multiple contracts simultaneously
- setting budgets realistically
- instigating effective change whilst maintaining business as usual
- saying ‘no’ without jeopardising future opportunity
* Please note – lunch and refreshments will be provided.
This workshop is brought to you by ProConnect Manchester fully funded by ERDF.
To book onto this event please see the Eventbrite website.
For information on how to get to the event please see the Tomorrow Buildings getting here page.
This event is organised by Creative England. Their aims are to –
- Grow talent and businesses
- Address market failure and raise ambition
- Build the right climate for creative industries to thrive
- Continue the success in Englands Creative industries including; TV, film and games
- Collaborate with all levels of the industry
- Build long term relationships with industry partners
- Organise networking events for the TV and film industries