SharpFutures is a social enterprise that supports young people into employment in the creative digital sector.
At SharpFutures we offer a highly sought after new entrant apprenticeship where we recruit energetic and motivated individuals to train them to be a creative sector runner. These apprentices are given the opportunity to work in the two most prominent facilities in Manchester and a chance to jump-start their career in the creative digital sector.
Working as a SharpFutures runner is a fantastic opportunity to gain a strong understanding of how the industry works, discover where you may like to steer your career and to acquire valuable skills plus earn a qualification in customer service.
As a runner you will work behind the scenes and do any small jobs and basic tasks necessary to help the building/company/production run smoothly. If you want to take a first step into the creative digital sector and are willing to turn your hand to any task that needs doing, this job could be ideal for you!
You will need to have the communication skills to develop good working relationships with people at all levels and you should enjoy being organised and managing your time well. Ultimately you should enjoy helping others and have pride in everything you do.
Above all your enthusiasm and can do attitude should shine out.
Daily tasks could be:
- Setting up stages for dramas to occupy
- Setting up offices for Productions/creative businesses
- Collecting and delivering equipment, scripts and other items
- Distributing messages and post, and running errands
- Filing and photocopying
- Answering the phone and greeting visitors
- Looking after guests
- Storing, retrieving and archiving information
- Keeping sets/building clean and tidy.
- Getting lunches and making tea and coffee.
- Creating video content for The Sharp Project Campus and events
As an apprentice this is a new entrant role and due to Health and Safety restrictions this role is only open to those apprentices over 18yrs old. Job seekers, college leavers, and graduates are all welcome to apply. You should be a permanent resident of the Manchester area.
Benefits of SharpFutures:
- Salary above national apprentice wage
- 37.5 hours a week (time given back in lieu for anything worked over)
- 28 days holiday
- Pool table
- table football
- table tennis
- lots of social activitiess