Want to make your own IRL (in real life) Emoji?
On this two hour workshop you’ll learn the basic principles of 3D modelling using free online software Tinkercad. Using the cube tool, you’ll build a 3D model of your favourite emoji – or create your own! You’ll then export your file to be printed using Ultimaker 3 software – Cura. The MadFabLab team will then print these for you to collect.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for all abilities, and beginners with no previous experience are welcome.
Equipment you’ll need
All materials and equipment will be provided on the day.
What you’ll learn
- Introduction to 3D printing technologies, and types of printers (Consumer and Pro)
- Learn more about what 3D printers are used for – both in industry and for fun!
- Understand different materials and their properties
- Get best practice design tips and techniques for the Ultimaker 3
- Hands-on Introduction to 3D-modeling software with Tinkercad
- Uploading and 3D-printing your design; Introduction to Curaslicing software
- A demonstration of a 3D print coming to life on the Ultimaker 3
- Overview of 3D-design and modelling, including some 3D design software alternatives (both free and paid, e.g. Pro: Autodesk Fusion 360, AutoCAD / Free: Sketchup, OpenSCAD, Meshmixer)
- Next steps, and where to go for more information
Where is the MadFabLab?
MadFabLab is at The Old Bank Residency. On arrival, just ask at the front desk if you need help finding it.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Email MadFabLab on firstname.lastname@example.org