16 Hours Cybersecurity Awareness Training course is Instructor-led and guided and is being delivered from October 27, 2020 – November 19, 2020 for 16 Hours over 4 weeks, 8 sessions, 2 sessions per week, 2 hours per session.
- Instructor-led and guided training
- Practical Hands-On, Highly Interactive training
- This course will be taught in English language
- All Published Ticket Prices are in US Dollars
16 Hours Cybersecurity Awareness Training Course Schedule
- October 27, 2020 – November 19, 2020 US Pacific time
- 16 Hours | 2 Hours on Tuesdays, 2 Hours on Thursdays every week US Pacific time
- 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM US Pacific time each of those days
- Please click here to add your city name and check your local date and time for the first session to be held on October 27, 2020 at 8:30 AM US Pacific Time.
Features and Benefits
- 16 Hours, 8 sessions, 4 weeks of total Instructor-led and guided training
- Training material, instructor handouts and access to useful resources on the cloud provided
- Practical Hands-on Lab exercises provided
- Actual code and scripts provided
- Real-life Scenarios
- Awareness of the latest terminologies related to cyber security.
- Assisting in developing a strategic view on addressing cyber security risks.
- Building a practical perspective to comprehend the possible impacts of such risks.
- Enabling the participants to provide appropriate direction and necessary cyber security context-driven oversight to protect their environments within their organizations.
Basic knowledge of :
- Computer System
Who can take this course?
- This course is specifically designed for computer users who use the internet to extensively to work, study and play.
1. Who is a Hacker?
- Why People Hack?
- What people Hack?
- What is information?
- How much worth my Information is?
- Types of Hackers
- Approach of a Hacker
- Steps in Hacking
2. Information gathering Techniques (How to protect your information?)
- How Hackers gather information about us?
- Does everybody know about you?
- Where do they get it? (Demo)
- Network scanning & its tools (Demo)
- What is Google and how does it work?
- Google Hacking (Demo)
- Accessing Public Cameras
- How can Google hacking help an Ethical Hacker? (Demo)
3. Foundations of Security
- Security Incident
- Why Security?
- Potential Losses Due to Security Attacks
- Elements of Security
- The Security, Functionality, and Ease of Use Triangle
- Fundamental Concepts of Security
- Layers of Security
- Security Risks to Home Users
- What to Secure?
- Benefits of Computer Security Awareness
- Basic Computer Security Checklist
4. Basics of Internet & Networking
- What is a Network?
- Types of network – LANs, WANs & WLANs
- What is Internet?
- History of the Internet
- Basic Structure
- What is a Server?
- What is an IP Address?
- What is a domain name?
- What is a browser?
- Client-Server Relationship Model
- What is a port?
5. Securing Network Connections
- Home Network
- Network Devices
- Steps for Home Networking
- Using the Network with Windows 7
- Using the Network with MAC OS X
- Securing Network Connections
- Network Adapters
- Troubleshooting with Network Adapters
6. Desktop/PC Security, Antivirus & IDS
- Types of viruses
- What are anti-viruses?
- How they detect a virus?
- What is firewall?
- What are Trojan & Spywares?
7. Passwords Security
- Types of Passwords
- Build a Strong Password
- Password Encryption
- Password Cracking (Password Recovery)
- Protection from Password Cracking
8. Data Encryption
- What Is Encryption?
- Encryption Common Terminologies
- Usage of Encryption
- Types of Encryption
- Symmetric vs. Asymmetric Encryption
- Encryption Standards
- Digital Certificates and how its Work
- Digital Signature and how its Work
- Cryptography Tools
9. Data Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Data Backup
- Types of Data Loss
- What Files to Backup and How Often?
- Windows Backup and Restore
- MAC OS X Backup and Restore
- Data Backup Tools
- Data Recovery Tools
- Physical Security
10. Internet Security
- Browser Security
- Internet Explorer Security & Privacy Settings
- Mozilla Firefox: Security & Privacy Settings
- Google Chrome Privacy and Security Settings
- Instant Messaging Security Issues & Measures
- Searching on the Web
- Online Gaming Risks
- Social Risks
- Social Engineering
- How the Malicious Users Make Money
- Recognize Administrator Mode Risks
- Child Online Safety
- Risks Involved Online
- Stealth Sites and Misleading URLs
- Risks Involved in Social Networking Websites
- Chat Rooms
11. Securing Online Transactions
- Online Shopping
- Online Banking
- Credit Card Payments
- Credit Card Frauds
- Guidelines for Ensuring Credit Card Safety
- Securing Online Transactions
- Online Payment Services
- Choosing a Secure Online Payment Service
- SSL and the Padlock Symbol
- What Does the SSL Show?
- Identifying a Trustworthy Website
- Identifying an Untrustworthy Website
- Rating Icons
12. Web Security
- How the web really works
- Rattling the Locks
- Looking through Tinted Windows – SSL
- Having someone else do it for you – Proxies
- Top Ten Most Critical Web Application Vulnerabilities
- Security Guidelines for Building Secure Web Applications
- Reading and Viewing HTML at its Source
- Proxy methods for Web Application Manipulation
13. Email Security
- How E-mail Works
- Safe E-mail Usage
- Spam, Phishing and Fraud
- Attachment Security
- Email Forging
14. Mobile Security
- Android Phone Security
- What Apps can do to harm you?
- Dos & Don’ts for Mobile Phones
15. Wireless Security
- What is Wi-Fi?
- What are public Wi-Fi?
- Can someone sniff our passwords?
- How to protect our self from Wi-Fi attacks?
16. Social Media Security
- Types of Social Media
- Attacks on Social Media
- Social Engineering Attacks
- How to defend Facebook Account?
17. Cyber Abuse
- What is cyber abuse?
- Laws against Cyber Abuse
- How to avoid cyber abuse
18. Cyber Laws
- USA PATRIOT Act
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- The Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- Highlights of DMCA
- CAN-SPAM Act
- Computer Misuse Act 1990
- European Union Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC)
- Data Protection Act 1998